Saturday, November 29, 2008

A blog with potential

I don't post to this site much, and don't get much readership. I kind of use it as storage place to keep relevant links I want to save. I need to start using it more as a vehicle to seriously bring myself up to speed on Search Engine Optimization issues and monetization of blogs.

I use tags on my google ads to tell me what blogs are generating any revenue.

I took a look at one of my blogs, Diet and Sugar. The focus is mostly on the intertwine between food and diabetes. I have diabetes so the topic is one of personal interest.

This blog doesn't get a lot of traffic, but what traffic it does get looks promising. It has a google ad click thru rate of 14%. I pretty much consider anything over 1% as good. So I consider 14% excellent. It's revenue per 1000 exposures is $27. The problem is that it takes a really long time to get 1,000 visitors.

I need to figure out how to raise the profile/interest of this blog. It looks like it might be able to turn into a rent payer.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home